Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 17 July 2013

Murder Most Foul

After being served pesticide-infected food , 22 kids died in Bihar two days back

Many more are fighting for their lives

As usual ,

>   Chief Minister promptly announced an inquiry and a compensation of Rs 2 lakhs each , for the families of the victims

>   If ever , culpability gets established after decades of court-case , the culprits will be let off with a prison term of a few months

But then other Chief Ministers have also offered " Blood Money " ( aka, " Compensation " ), when culprits have got away with murders of hundreds in ,

>   Collapse of poorly constructed buildings

>   Sinking of unfit and overladen boats

>   Fires in theatres / pandals due to poor wiring

>   Home made hooch mixed with petrol / spirit

The frequencies with which such incidences have been occuring  is such that one can statistically " predict " these events , weeks and months in advance !

Nothing ever changes in this " Ageless / Timeless " country !

Not for the poor in any case

hemen

No comments:

Post a Comment