Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 4 July 2013

When will they see Food ?

DNA [ 03 July 2013 ] reports findings of a survey :



How many kids are on Mumbai's streets ?

16,059

Why are they on streets ?

Poverty ..........................  38.4  %
Family on streets ............  17.9  %
To support family ..............08.5  % 


Means of Earning  ?

Begging  ...........................22.0  %
Rag Picking  ......................27.4  %


Spending Behavior  ?

Food  ...............................38.3  %
Contribute to family ...........21.1  %


Saving  Behavior  ? ( a cruel question , no doubt ! )

No ...................................89.1  %


Place  of  Living  ?

Slum  ..............................39.6  %
Street  ............................30.0  % 
Railway Platform  .............18.9   %


Age  ?

12-15  years  ....................56.6  %
18-18  years  ....................23.0  %


Not covered by Rapid Survey........approx  84,000 !
( Working in sweat-shops ? )


When will benefit of Food Security Ordinance reach them ?


hemen
   

No comments:

Post a Comment