Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 10 October 2013

Honest Cannot Win ?



Recently , a leading political leader is supposed to have said ,


“ Honest people cannot win elections “


A few weeks earlier , another leader publicly claimed ,


“ For winning my election , I had spent Rs 10 Crores by way of election expenses “

[  But when cornered by the Election Commission , he gave some  clever / imaginative ,  explanations and interpretations of his statement !  ]


Everyone – including the voters – know that the actual expenses to fight an election do run up from a few lakhs ( for a Municipal Election ) to a few crores ( for MP / MLA seat )


By prescribing a ridiculously low limit ( for such expenses ) , we ourselves are responsible to turn – otherwise honest politicians , into liars ! ( Not that there are many of them ! )


Unless Aam Aadmi Party (  AAP  ) candidates fighting Delhi State Assembly Elections prove that it IS possible to fight – and win – elections , within the expenses limit prescribed by the Law !


People of Delhi  !


You have a chance to prove that “ Honesty Pays “


By electing at least 40  AAP  candidates on 4th December



·          hemen  parekh  (  11  Oct  2013  )  



No comments:

Post a Comment