Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 13 November 2013

Freedom of Speech ?



Today , on Nehru's birthday , I am reminded of his following speeches :


>    Our tryst with destiny


>    A light has gone out of our lives



Then there were other memorable speeches in the distant past, viz:


>    Mahatma Gandhi     (  Quit India  )


>    Martin Luther King   (  I have a dream  )


>    Abraham Lincoln       (  Of the people / by the people / for the people  )


>    Winston Churchill     (  Never have so many owed so much to so few  )


>    Brutus                     (  but Caesar is an honorable man  )



Then I end up comparing some " famous " recent speeches , viz:,


>    Sonia Gandhi           (  Maut ka Saudaagar  )


>    Narendra Modi         (   Khooni  Panjaa  )


>    Rahul Gandhi           (  ISI  )


>    Kapil Sibal                (  No loss in 2G scam  )


>    Manish Tewari           (  Anna is most corrupt  )


>    Ranjeet Sinha            (  Enjoy rape  )


>    Naresh Agarwal         ( a tea-vendor cannot become PM  / even Madari collects crowds  )




No doubt , amongst the living politicians , " Freedom of Speech " has totally different connotations  !


For them , apparently , it means,


"  License to Kill ( - if words can kill  !  ) "


Obviously , Gandhian Anna Hazare  is pained


In his TV interview with Rajat Sharma yesterday , he expressed his anguish at the lowly depths to which , political mud-slinging has descended during current election campaign


Whether he / she is a leader of any political party , all politicians are talking the same language , the language of ,


PHP   =   Power Hungry Politicians


Who cares for ,


C = Civility / Code of Conduct / Courtesy  ?



I  miss T N Sheshan   !



*    hemen   parekh   (  14   Nov   2013  )





No comments:

Post a Comment