Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 17 November 2013

To Hell with History !



Are voters bothered whether ,


>   Alexander reached Ganga or Godavari  ?


>   Taxila was in Bihar or Bengal  ?


>   Chandragupta was a Gupta or a Gandhi  ?


>   The patriot who died in London was Shyamji Verma or Shamaprasad
      Mukherjee  ?


>    China spends on education, 3% or 30 % of its GDP  ?


In case our political leaders have failed to grasp the truth , even after 66 years of Independence , the simple answer is :


No  ! They are just not bothered  !


Voters couldn't care less for such high level intellectual pronouncements - and rebuttals - on either history or on geography  !


They are telling the politicians  :


"  To hell with history  !


   Do you have answers / solutions to our following current problems  ?


   *  My graduate son is jobless , even 3 years after graduation


   *  My daughter cannot get admission in any college in my city


   *  I have no money to buy medicines for my ailing parents


   *  I must commit suicide because my crop is destroyed without water


   *  Municipality is demolishing my hut to hand-over land to builder mafia


   *  If my 5 year old child does not beg on street , she will die of starvation



  Before we decide which party to vote for , tell us exact date by which you will solve our CURRENT problems


For God's sake , don't waste your time - and ours too - discussing , what " wrong things " long dead people did or what " right things " they failed to do  !


To hell with someone else's long-lost - and now useless -  HISTORY

 
We are only concerned with useful solutions to our own immediate FUTURE  "





*   hemen   parekh   (  18  Nov   2013  )

  

No comments:

Post a Comment