Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 3 January 2014

Lesson Number One



For Arvind Kejriwal - and his team of ministers and MLAs - lesson number one is :


TALK  LESS   /  WORK  MORE


You did not have to declare ( from roof-top too ! ),


"  If elected , we will shun government bungalows / cars / servants etc  "


No one had asked you for proof of your simplicity


But you went ahead and did it on your own !


Now that you have placed yourself under the microscope , people of Delhi are asking :


"  Why is Arvind moving into a 10 room bungalow  ?


    Why has he accepted security from UP government  ?


    Why are AAP ministers using government cars ( - chauffer driven too )  ?


    What were you trying to achieve - except perhaps fool the public - by
    travelling in metro / auto / Wagon-R , for first 4 days  ?  "



People of Delhi think that ,


>   they have been taken for a ride ( - no doubt , on metro ! )


>   you have pulled a fast one on them


>   you have betrayed their trust



DEAR  ARVIND ,


There was no need for you to have made those lofty declarations


But for your failed attempt to project your simplicity as a virtue , no one would have bothered to wonder why you are moving from a 3 bedroom flat to a 5 bedroom flat


People may have even appreciated that you intend to continue your office work ( beyond office hours ) , in a 5 room office attached to your residence

Every single Chief Minister of India  has to do that  !

More than 50 years back , Dr Jivraj Mehta ( - the first Chief Minister of Gujarat ) , spent a night at my father's modest house in village Vadia


He had just one peon in his retinue ( - apart from his driver ) , who carried a heap of files inside the house

After dinner , he sat down cross-legged , on a bed laid out on the floor and answered questions of the villagers


When I got up next morning , I saw him going thru those files and making notes . My father later told me that the CM had started work at 4 am - still sitting cross-legged on the floor  !


Dr Jivraj Mehta did not have to declare his " Simplicity " to anyone  !


Then 3 years later , corrupt Congress MLAs of Gujarat , who could not stomach the honesty of Dr Mehta , got High Command to replace him  !



DEAR  ARVIND ,



You have many lessons to learn from history


Lesson  No ONE  is  :


>  Do not undertake / promise anything that you cannot sustain


>  Once you promise anything , don't go back on it


>  Always ask , " Will I be able to defend my position later ? "


>  TALK  LESS  /  WORK  MORE




*    hemen   parekh  (  04  Jan  2014  /  Mumbai  )




No comments:

Post a Comment