Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 14 February 2014

A Tale of Two Houses



*   DELHI  VIDHAAN  SABHA  :



Even though, with their combined strength of 42 ( in a house of 70 MLAs ), Congress + BJP could have easily defeated the Jan LokPal Bill after debate , they did not allow the bill to be tabled


These MLAs shouted , broke mike , tore up papers - nor allowed Kejriwal to speak for past 2 days


As promised earlier , Kejriwal resigned as CM and said
 ,


" I did not become CM to hold onto my chair at the cost of my promises to people  "





*   LOK  SABHA  :




Even though,


-  UPA government had numerical majority 


-  BJP claimed to be supporting a separate state of Telangana ,


Congress MPs ( both , pro-Telengana and anti-Telengana ), did not allow Telengana Bill to be discussed


They shouted , broke mike , tore up papers , sprayed black pepper powder and did not allow anyone else to speak , for past 3 days


Pretending helplessness , PM Man Mohan Singh watched the tamasha of his own MPs in silence , muttering , " I am pained " !


But he would not resign


What did he leave unsaid ?


"  I will hold onto my chair. Who cares for principles  ! "




PEOPLE  OF  INDIA  :



Again and again , you have watched in silence , the moral depravation of UPA , over the past 5 years


These people claim to be " Moral Successors " of late Railway Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri , who resigned , taking moral responsibility for a train accident  !


Oh , what a fall was there , my Countrymen  !


Again and again , you have watched with sheer , silent disgust , the shameless collusion of BJP , desperately trying to come back to power , using means , fair or foul  !


These people claim to be moral heirs to the legacy of stalwarts like Pandit Deen Dayal , Jai Prakash Narayan and Morarji Desai , for whom principles were more important than power !


But , now at least , it is no more a question of having to choose  between the " lesser of the two evils "  !


In April , at many polling booths , you will have an alternative in  a  AAP candidate


When you look at those names - and party symbols - on that EVM ( Electronic Voting Machine ) , two months from now , remember ,


YOU  WILL  GET WHO  YOU  DESERVE  TO  GET  !


Before pushing that button , ask yourself ,


"  Who  ( which candidate )  do I deserve  ?  "


And , if you find none , push that NOTA button ( None of the above )


For another 5 years , this will be your only chance to express your ANGER , in a manner that will count  !




*   hemen   parekh  (  15  Feb  2014  /  Mumbai  )

No comments:

Post a Comment