Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 21 April 2014

What Could Arvind Do ?



After 49 days in office , Arvind Kejriwal resigned as CM of Delhi


Some people say , he is a " Bhagoda " ( an absconder ), who ran away from his responsibility to people of Delhi


Now , if you were AK , what would you have done , if you were faced with the following situation ?



>   You have promised to people of Delhi , to root-out corruption


>   To this end , you have promised to pass Jan Lok Pal Bill


>   Business Rules of Central Government say , Delhi Government CANNOT
     introduce any bill which has financial implication / burden , without first
     seeking OK from the Lieutenant Governor ( LG ) to introduce the bill


>   Business Rules are " Un-Constitutional " , as per eminent jurists


>   But Congress Government at Centre , was NOT willing to drop these
     rules , despite a written request from Delhi Government


>   LG had no power to give a go-bye to the rules . His only option was to
     reject the introduction of the bill , if it was referred to him


>   Knowing this too well , Congress / BJP ganged up and insisted that
     AK must , first refer the bill to LG and introduce it in Assembly , only if
     approved by LG



Did Arvind have any option other than to resign  ?


Now suppose , he throws up his hands and tells people of Delhi ,



"  What can I do  ? 


   I tried my best but BJP / Congress would not let me introduce the bill ,
   citing some un-constitutional rules


   Jan Lok Pal Bill must wait till ,


  *  AAP comes to power at the Centre and drops those Business Rules

     ( I admit , this is a most unlikely scenario ! )


   *  AAP government at Centre grants full Statehood to Delhi


   So , I have decided to forget the whole matter and continue as CM  "




Those very same people would have said ,


"  What business you have to continue as CM , if you cannot fulfill your   
   promises  ?


   You are no different than those power-hungry politicians of BJP / Congress


   If you have any shame left , you must resign immediately  "




DEAR  ARVIND ,



Kuchh to log Kahenge


Logo ka kaam hain kahena


Chhodo ye bekaar ki baante


Kahin bit naa jaye rainaa  (- I mean , Mat-Ganana  !  )




*   hemen  parekh  (  22 April 2014  /  Mumbai  )
    


   

No comments:

Post a Comment