Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 3 October 2010

INTERVIEW ETIQUETTE


At Mumbai Municipal Corporation (India), it is the interviewers who are learning lessons in Interviewing Etiquettes, while interviewing 13,500 candidates for the post of peons.

It took 2 years just to shortlist from the hundreds of thousands of applicants.

·       Lesson # 1
         
Treat with love and compassion, toddlers accompanying their mothers to the interview room. When they tear up resumes, fling paperweights and swallow paper clips, just talk and play with the babies !

·       Lesson # 2
  
Conduct interviews standing up when ( most ) rural candidates refuse to sit down in order to express their humbleness !

·       Lesson # 3
  
Bear with bare feet candidates who leave their footwear outside the interview room. For them, an interview room is a sacred place like a temple where one must not enter wearing shoes !
  
It is about time someone wrote a book titled “ Interview Etiquette for Interviewers “

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment