Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 6 October 2010

THERE IS NO DEARTH OF COMMON-WEALTH!


India will spend Rs. 70,000 crores ( $ 17 billion ) on current Commonwealth Games ( Oct.3-14, 2010 ).

Games Organizing Committee ( OC ) claims that the games will create 2.47 million jobs. A beginning has been made by employing some 36 relatives.

But as of May 2010, some 38 million young Indians are waiting for jobs, having registered with 900 + State Employment Exchanges.

To give jobs to all of them, all we have to do is to sanction to the OC, a provisional expenditure of Rs. 1,076,000 crores ( $ 262 billion ) - with a stipulation that the actual figure after 5 years must not exceed the provisional figure by more than 10 times.

They will lose no time by hiring forthwith, additional 540 far-flung cousins / nephews etc.

In India, cousins / nephews have never remained jobless !

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment