Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 14 December 2010

COMPULSORY MANUAL WORK?


Or, risk losing your welfare benefits worth Pound 64.30/week for 3 months?

That is the message, Work and Pensions Secretary Ian Duncan Smith of UK is sending to those who are “financially better off unemployed “!

And the manual work that he offers (Gardening/Clearing up litter/Painting Schools) will pay “more than welfare benefits“.

2.5 million “unemployed “ Britons should welcome any dignified way of earning livelihood.

And the best part is :

This work cannot be “ outsourced “ !

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment