Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 17 February 2011

Mobiles can reduce poverty, says UN study.




UNCTAD Information Economy Report says :

“ Poor people often don’t have access to vital information on issues such as current market prices, weather reports and new opportunities for earning income.

The penetration rate of mobile phones is increasing as the technology is affordable for the poor to purchase and use “.

This is borne out by the fact that getting Job Alerts on Mobiles [ JAM ] and applying against those jobs directly from mobiles, is fast catching-up in India.

In India, mobile penetration reached 60 % [ 752 million ], in Dec 2010 and cheapest handsets dropped to $ 20 /-.

Now compare this with internet penetration of just 1 %

Amongst millions of Indian jobseekers, Job Alert on Mobile [ JAM ] –a mobile application developed by HP Labs India - is becoming a favorite pass-time !

With regards

hemen  parekh


Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth





No comments:

Post a Comment