Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 28 April 2011

Good looks kill job chances !


Bradley Ruffle and Ze’ev Shtudiner sent 5000 CVs against 2500 advertised job openings.

For each application they sent two CVs, one without a photograph and the other containing a photograph of either an “ attractive looking ” man or woman or a “ plain looking ” man or woman.

Here is what they found :

Ø  20 % of the “ attractive “ men received a response

Ø  9  % of the “ un-attractive “ men received a response

Ø  14 % of the men who did not include their photo, received a response

What happened to the women applicants ?

Ø  Women who attached no picture to their CV were 22 % more likely to receive a response than women with “ plain ” picture – and 30 % more likely than women with an “ attractive “ picture !

Likely reason ?

Investigators’ guess ( after meeting those who screened the applications ) :

 >   Persons screening applications were “ Single, Young Women “ !

Not difficult to figure out the results if the persons screening were “ single, Young Men “ !

[ source : Times of India / April 20,2011 ]

With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment