Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 20 May 2011

Every 5th Person ?

Times of India [ 05 May,2011 ] quotes a UN report which says, by 2030, every 5th person in the world will be an Indian.
Over the next few decades, the scenario of India’s Population / Median Age, will look like this :
 2010………….. 1.2 Billion / 25.1 years
 2050…………… 1.7 Billion / 37.2 years
 2100 …………….1.6 Billion / 45.8 years
By the turn of the century, less than half of India’s population will be working, the rest dependent on it.
It is similar situation in Middle East / Africa / Asia / the entire developing world.
Will the world’s jobless / starving millions simply march across international borders in search of food / jobs ? And can anyone / anything stop them ?
President Barack Obama did not say this in so many words but the new Mid-East Policy that he announced today hopes to prevent such a scenario by creating job opportunities everywhere.
Let us support him and hope that he succeeds.
With regards
hemen parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment