Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 8 May 2011

GENDER BIND / UNFAIR SHARE


In Times of India [ March 08,2011 ], Ms. Rema Nagarajan provides following insights :

  • Women own 1 per cent of the world’s wealth, have a 10 per cent share in global income

  • Women comprise half the world’s population but occupy just 14 per cent of leadership positions in the private and public sector

  • Of the 1.4 billion people living on less than $ 1 a day, 70 per cent are women and girls

  • Women do two-thirds of the world’s work, but earn only 10 percent of the income

  • Women produce half of the world’s food, but own just 1 per cent of its land

  • Of the almost 900 million adults worldwide who can’t read or write, two-thirds are women

Will mankind [ on “ Women’s Day “ 2011, should I say, womankind ? ] manage to bridge this gap by end of 21st Century?

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment