Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Innocent / Crying / Dieing Faces


To :  Members of Lokpal Bill Drafting  Committee

Once again you will meet this morning ( June 15 ), to debate where to place the commas and the full stops in your draft.

You will meet in an air-conditioned office, sit on a plush chair and, may even partake of tea / biscuits.

Even as you do, let this knowledge humble you :

During those 3 hours of your meeting, in our country, 1000 tons of food grains will rot in the open under the sun and the rain.

During these very same 3 hours, 1000 children will die of mal-nutrition ( - a political euphemism for “ starving “ ! ).

That is 3 million per year !

If you have the moral courage, a deep sense of responsibility and dignity befitting leaders of 121 crore countrymen, then please,

>   Stop mud-slinging, name-calling, insulting

>   Lock yourself in that room

>   Don’t come out till you have signed an agreed upon draft

>   Don’t show your face ( or whatever is left of it ) to the public

>   Compromise , move forward

>   Use the “ Art of Possible “ to resolve differences

And all the while be reminded of those innocent / crying / dieing faces.

With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment