Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 23 June 2011

Sign your own death warrant ?

I don’t understand why the Ministers rejected the Lokpal Draft Bill submitted by Anna Hazare team.
If I were Kapil Sibal, I would have introduced that draft in the parliament, without changing a full stop or a comma.
Then let members of parliament decide – knowing fully well in advance what they would decide, viz :
Reject it. Or water it down till no one can have any objection.
And they will introduce a hundred amendments till no MP can be prosecuted for murder !
Would any MP want to sign his / her own death warrant by passing Anna’s draft ?
It is about time, Civil Society members accept that after 42 years of waiting, a watered down Lokpal Act is better than no act at all !
After all, Government would fulfill its obligation of “ introducing “ the bill in the monsoon session.
And the political parties would claim helplessness over how its MPs would vote !
With regards
Hemen Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment