Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 17 June 2011

Skills Shortage / Labor Shortage / Staff Shortage / Workforce


Here is a win-win situation ( as reported in Times of India / May,06,2011 ) :

Ø   A “ Skills Australia “ report estimates that Australia will need 2.4 million more skilled workers within 4 years

Ø   Australian trainers will train 100,000 Indians in Indian Universities over the next 4 years

Ø   Of these, 30,000 will be recruited to work in Australia

Ø   Any Indians who come to Australia under the scheme would be employed on the same conditions as Australians, subject to Immigration rules

National Skills Development Corporation ( NSDC - set up in Feb 2011 ), has the mandate to provide “ Skills “ to 500 million Indians by 2022, to make them ” employable “ .

How about India importing 30,000 Australian Trainers for this purpose ?

That would make for a true “ Win – Win “ situation !


With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment