Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 10 July 2011

Innovative Bangladesh


As per finance ministry of Bangladesh, its citizens have hidden / stashed away, some $ 110 billion worth of black money.

That nearly equals 80 % of country’s GDP.

How to bring this black money into the mainstream economy and put it to productive use ?

With that objective in mind, Bangladesh parliament just passed a new law that would enable tax-evaders to invest such monies into local stocks / shares officially.

All they need to do is to pay 10 % of invested monies as tax.

And no questions asked as to the source of their funds !

While grappling with the monster of black money, it is a “ no holds barred “, as far as Bangladesh is concerned.

May be Indian parliamentarians can learn a lesson from their innovative neighbors !


With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment