Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 19 July 2011

THE PRODIGAL RETURNS ?

19 July 2011

THE  PRODIGAL  RETURNS  ?

Apparently, the British youth are returning to their safe havens – parent’s homes.

Nearly 25 % of all UK university graduates will head for parent’s home after graduation. And why ?

According to market research firm Mintel ( as reported in Mumbai Mirror / 14 July,2011 ), here are the reasons :

  • To save money  ……………………………….  41 %

  • For being between jobs / terms……...  34 %

  • To enjoy home comforts ………………..   13 %

  • Could not pay mortgages  ……………..   30 %

  • Relationship broke-up  ………………….    25 %

And how do parents feel about this new trend ?

  • Returning children hurt their finances  ……..  50 %

  • Feels good to be able to help children  ……..  60 %

It seems when FaceBook fails, it is “ Father knows best “ !

With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment