Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 7 July 2011

WHAT IS THE GREAT HURRY ?

7 July 2011

WHAT IS THE GREAT HURRY ?

Central Bureau of Investigation – India ( CBI ), submitted following score-card recently ( DNA / June 27, 2011 ) :

Ø      Age-wise analysis of all pending cases :
             
·        Cases pending for more than 20 years ……….   381

·        Cases pending for more than 15 years ………   1000

·        Cases pending for more than 10 years ………   2300

Ø      Cases pending for more than 10 years – State wise :

·        Delhi ………………………  458

·        West Bengal …………….338

·        Uttar Pradesh ………… 282

·        Maharashtra  …………  264

·        Gujarat ………………….. 156

·        Jharkhand  ……………….150

If this is the situation when only a handful of persons ( Chief Ministers of 28 Indian States + High Courts ? ), can demand / order a CBI inquiry, what would happen when millions of ordinary Indian citizens, start demanding a Lokpal / Lok Ayukta investigation against 12 million government servants?

May be, we should prepare ourselves to seeing Lokpal investigation statistics in terms of :

Ø      Cases pending for  1  Century  ………….

Ø      Cases pending for  2  Centuries ……………

With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH  

No comments:

Post a Comment