Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 7 July 2011

WOMEN AND THEIR RIGHTS

7 July 2011

WOMEN  AND  THEIR  RIGHTS 

Writing in Economic Times ( 7 July,2011 ), Saumya Bhattacharya highlights following :
  
·        In 125 countries, there are laws to protect women

·        Globally, 53 % of 600 million working women are in vulnerable jobs

·        On average, women are still paid 10 % - 30 % less than men across all regions and sectors

·        117 countries outlaw sexual harassment in the workplace

·        311 million women continue to work in countries without legal protection against sexual harassment

·        Out of 126 countries, in more than a third, women are prohibited from working in the same industries as men

·        There are less than 30 % women in parliament in the vast majority of countries

Obviously, there are more “ wrongs “ than “ rights “ for women in most countries !
  
With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH  

No comments:

Post a Comment