Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Bad News for Healthcare


Times of India [ 16 M1y 2011 ] provides following statistics of “ Doctor to people “ ratios :

Ø   Germany  ……………………..  1 :  296

Ø   USA  ………………………………. 1 :  350

Ø   UK  ………………………………..  1 :  469

Ø   Global Average ……………..  1 :  666

Ø   India  ……………………………… 1  : 1700

And it seems, Indian situation will get worse with the number of students appearing for All India Pre-Medical Test [ AIPMT ], dropping by almost 50 % over the last 5 years.

Reasons advanced :

Ø   Many more years of college / internship as compared to other professions

Ø   Too much rigorous training

Ø   Medical profession does not allow for making quick money

Ø   Biology involves mugging

Ø   A doctor can start earning a proper living when he is past 30 years of age as against an engineer / MBA earning a decent salary at 23

Ø   Longer working hours and less leisure hours



With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment