Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 16 August 2011

MAKING INDIANS EMPLOYABLE


16 Aug 2011

MAKING  INDIANS  EMPLOYABLE

Mandate given to NSDC ( National Skills Development Corporation ) is to train 500 million Indian youth, to make them employable.

Of these, 150 million to be trained by 2020.

That is nearly 15 million per year – a tough target.

So NSDC turned to TeamLease Services Pvt Ltd for help, who will open 1349 multi-skill development centers to train 1.8 million school drop-outs in remote areas over the next 10 years.

Considering that India’s high school drop-out rate is almost 56 % , this is good news.

Turning to private coaching classes for help is no doubt, a good idea.

What NSDC might want to seriously consider is to request India’s reputed Corporate (Tata / Mahindra / L&T / Birla etc) to start 10,000 skill development centers , in their own interest.

Also, how about handing over the management of thousands of existing ITI (Industrial Training Institutes) run by the State Governments, to these corporate ?

With regards


HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment