Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Rs. 200,000 per debtor ?




As per a report appearing in Economic Times ( 06 July, 2012 ), that approximately is the average amount of  loan that some 49,00,000 debtors would not repay to India’s nationalized banks


Exact figures are :

Ø   Debtors  ………………………      49,24, 611

Ø   Total default  ……………..Rs.  100,155  Crores


Although the report does not give out specific names of these defaulters , it is not too difficult to guess their “ categories “, viz:

Benamis / Relatives of

  • Big businessmen

  • Senior secretaries

  • Polished politicians

  • Corrupting contractors  etc


You won’t find amongst these


  • Farmers waiting for distant cloud – drought - suicide

  • Housewives waiting for jobless husband’s salary packet


You will find them praying for Anna Hazare and for the success of his crusade !


With  regards

hemen  parekh


Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment