Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 3 September 2011

From Childhood to Adulthood ?


It seems, for Indian girl child, there is no such phase of life called “ adolescent “.

For them, it is straight from childhood to adulthood.

That seems to be the logical conclusion of “ The World’s Women and Girls “ – a report released by Washington-based Population Reference Bureau.

According to this report, the %age of women aged 20-24, which got married by age 18, are as follows :

Ø  Sri Lanka  ……………………    12 %

Ø  Pakistan  ……………………..   24 %


>  India  ……………………………   47 %


Ø  Burkina Faso  ……………..    48 %


Ø  Nepal  …………………………..   51 %

( Source : Times of India / 10, May 2011 )

With this background, it is no wonder that nearly 1000 women are dying everyday in India due to maternity related complications.

With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment