Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 22 September 2011

India’s Population Explodes -- 5


2011 census tells us that India has 159 million children in the age group of 0 – 6 years.

Average age of India’s population, which was 25.3 years in 2009, will go up to 29 years by 2020 when the population itself will climb to 1370 million people – an increase of 160 million over today.

Will there be jobs for all these young people ?

National Skills Development Corporation ( set up in Feb 2011 ), has the mandate to provide “ Skills “ to 500 million people by 2022, to make them ” employable “ .

Like “ mandates “ of successive governments over the past 60 years to “ Abolish Poverty “ ?

With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment