Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 13 September 2011

LAND AND ACQUISITION BILL


13 Sep 2011

LAND AND ACQUISITION  BILL


Will this have a smooth sailing in Loksabha ?

Any doubt about that when more than 40 % of the MPs declare themselves as “ Agriculturists “ ?

Economic Times [ Sept 04,2011 ], gives the following break-up of the “ declared “ professions of our MPs :


·     Agriculturists  ……………………………  224

·     Social Workers  …………………………  154

·     Lawyers …………………………………….    75

·     Industrialists ……………………………..   27

·     Medical Practitioners ………………….  20

·     Film Stars  ……………………………………. 6


How would they have declared themselves, if agriculture income was not exempt from income-tax ?

And does agri-income include compensation for land acquired ?

If so, time to buy some agri land –which only an agriculturist can do!



With  regards

HEMEN  PAREKH





No comments:

Post a Comment