Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Not an April Fool Story !


DNA of April 01,2011 reported following :

Business woman Riya runs a flourishing hotel business with an annual turnover of Rs. 2.4 millions.

She filed a suit for getting a divorce from her jobless husband, Amitabh.

While granting divorce, Delhi High Court ordered Riya to pay Amitabh, a monthly alimony of Rs. 20,000 , saying,

“ Law is equal for both. When husband is unemployed and becomes a destitute after separation , wife who is working and capable of maintaining him, should maintain him.”

Court also ordered Riya to give to Amitabh, a Maruti Zen car under section 24 of Hindu Marriage Act.

Who says there is no gender equality in India !

With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment