Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 5 September 2011

TRUE OR FALSE ?

5 Sep 2011

TRUE  OR  FALSE  ?

An Indian Minister [ or a MP / MLA / Corporator etc. ], is less likely to be corrupt, if he / she ,

·         is already rich [ before or after becoming Minister ? ]

·         is 70+ years old [ cannot take riches to heaven ? what a pity ! ]

·         is a bachelor [ who will spend all that money ? ]

·         is paid salary of private sector MD [as it is, plenty of disposable income ? ]

·         has no relatives [ why oblige total strangers ? ]

·         is popular amongst voters, eg: yesteryear actor [ don’t need money to buy votes ? ]

·         leads a simple life [ and doesn’t care to donate ? ]

·         is son / daughter of an industrialist [ who cares for next election ? ]

·         is son / daughter of Minister / MP [ already in possession of a “ rich “ heritage ? ]

·         does not care for power [ lack of motivation ? ]

Media [ Newspapers / TV Channels ] should conduct a poll.

Then Election Commission should draw-up fresh “ Eligibility Criteria “ for 2014 elections, based on voters perception of who will make a “ Non-Corruptible “ representative

Right-to-Recall bill may prove to be a cure – but what we need is a “ Prevention “ !

With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment