Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 29 November 2011

USE BLACK MONEY FOR EDUCATION ? WHY NOT ?

29 Nov 2011

USE  BLACK  MONEY  FOR  EDUCATION ?  WHY NOT  ?

E & Y and FICCI came out with a report :

“ Private Sector participation in Higher Education , 2011 “

Here are its findings , as reported in DNA ( 25 Nov 2011 ) :

·        Over 52 % students of India are studying in private higher educational institutes

·        14 million students are enrolled in 31,000 higher educational institutions across India

·        Central Govt targets to enroll 40 million students in higher education , by 2020

This will require :

·     25 million additional seats

·     Investment of Rs.10 lakh crores

·        Central Govt expects that 50 % of this investment ( ie : Rs. 5 lakh crores ) would come from private sector

Ground reality :

·        Govt will never find its share of Rs 5 lakh crores

·        Private sector can – and will – find the entire sum of Rs 10 lakh crore, if sufficiently “ incentivized “

What Incentives ?

·        Allow investing of black monies [ thru SPVs ], in higher education of only girls – especially girls from SC / ST / OBC / Dalit communities  

·        No questions asked as to the source

·        Tax-free income for 5 years

Outcome ?

·        India will overtake the entire world in creation of “ Intellectual Property “ and in creation of jobs

I hope , someone forwards this to Kapil Sibal / Pranab Mukherjee / Soniaji Gandhi / Behen Mayawatiji / Mamta Didi / Jayalalithaji etc

With regards

HEMEN  PAREKH  

No comments:

Post a Comment