Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 13 December 2011

The Case of Missing Mentors





As reported by DNA ( 10 May,2012 ), following are the findings of The Standing Committee on Human Resource Development – Government of India :


Ø  % age of Faculty positions lying vacant in

          *   24 Central Universities ..........................  35  %

          *   39 Central Universities …………………………….  39  %

>  %  age of Professor level vacancies
                         [ in 16 Central Universities  ]…………………………… 55  %

Ø  %  age of Faculty positions lying vacant
                  In 77 State Universities………………………………………50+ %

But why are faculty positions lying vacant ?

Here are ( educated ? ) guesses of the Committee :

Ø  Young students were not attracted towards teaching profession

Ø  Recruitment process was a prolonged one

Difficult to digest when India’s colleges are churning out some 3.5 Million graduates every year

Did it occur to the Committee that may be these graduates are simply “ Not Employable “ ?

Proof :

When AMCAT ( Aspiring Minds Computer Adaptive Test ) was conducted in 20 colleges of Mumbai University, only 1 % of the final year students appearing for the test ( 50 out of 5,000 ) were found “ employable “ !

We are in a vicious circle !

With regards

hemen  Parekh


Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth



           

No comments:

Post a Comment