Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 4 February 2012

Healthcare in India ?



US President Barack Obama recently told US citizens :

“  My preference would be that you don’t have to travel to Mexico or India to get cheap healthcare “.

Of course, 25,500 US citizens who traveled to India in 2010 for medical treatment , would have preferred to get cheap / quality healthcare in their own country – if they could have.

US citizen, Sydney Gambill, who came to India for knee replacement surgery, said,

“ The cost of surgery in US was $ 60,000, whereas in India I paid $ 7,000. Not only the money, but the facilities and post-operative care here is excellent “.

Listen to Mary Knoll, a school teacher from Massachusetts, who got a facelift in India,

“ The surgery was done extremely well and the hospital facilities here is top class “.

Can you blame 150,000 medical tourists to India ( 2010 ), if they got cheap / quality treatment as follows ?

Ø  Angiography……………………………..  $  500 / 600

Ø  Bypass Surgery……………………….   $  5000 / 6000

Ø  Vitrectomy…………………………………  $  800 / 2400

Ø  Cataract ( one eye )…………………. $  500

Ø  Lasik  ( both eyes )…………………… $  600 / 1600

Ø  Gall Bladder Stone……………………. $  700 /  800

[ Source : DNA Money / April 28,2011 and Mumbai Mirror / April 22,2011 ]

With regards

hemen  parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment