Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Justice at Warp Speed ?


With 30 million cases pending in various courts of India , here is good news , as reported in DNA ( 06 Mar, 2012 ) :

Under Alternate Dispute Resolution ( ADR ) forum , guided by Bombay High Court ,


Ø No of cases disposed in last 14 months…………  700,000

Ø No of cases disposed on 04 Mar 2012  ………….  240,179

Ø In Nagpur…(in a single day )   ………………………..   84,599

Ø In Pune……(              )…………………………………….   43,592

Ø In Mumbai (              )…………………………………      30,145


Why did people choose Lok Adalats instead of courts ?

No of judges per million population :

Ø In USA …………………… 107

Ø In UK………………………. 51

Ø In India …………………..13.5


Apparently, Nagpur court pronounced 3 verdicts per second ! I wonder if the court had invited Guiness Book of Records !


With regards

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment