That is what Akhilesh Yadav , Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh ( UP – India ) seems to be saying
In Samajwadi Party’s election manifesto , he promised to pay an unemployment allowance of Rs 1,000 per month to all jobless persons in UP
Within weeks, some 4,000,000 persons registered with the State Employment Exchanges
Paying an allowance to all of them would turn a bankrupt State into a beggar State !
To prevent such a catastrophe, UP Government now says, a jobless person must meet following criteria to be eligible to receive the allowance:
· Must be between the age of 30 to 40
· Must have registered before March 15 , 2012
· Must have passed HSC or equivalent
· Family income of the claimant should be less than Rs 36,000 / month
· Annual income of mother / father or mother/father-in-law , must be less than Rs 150,000
That brought down the eligible to a mere 900,000 !
Politicians of Greece / Italy / Spain etc may want to improve upon Akhilesh and insist that henceforth the State will not support the unemployed. It is the sole responsibility of the in-laws !