Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 14 July 2012

Our very own Taliban ?



Why worry about foreign-based Taliban ?
We have our very own – in the form of Khap Panchayats ( self-declared village bodies ) to worry about

Proof :

A few days back , Khap Panchayat of Asara village ( Baghpat district of Uttar Pradesh ) , issued following “ diktat “ :

Ø  Women below the age of 40 shall not use mobiles

Ø  Women will cover their heads whenever they leave home

Ø  Women shall not opt for a love marriage

But what good is a “ diktat “ without laying down punishment for “ diktat breakers “ ?

Punishment :

Ø  Ex-communication from the village

Apparently , Asara village Khap belongs to  the moderate Taliban
In similar cases of violation of their diktats , other Khaps have supervised the public killing of the lovers !
And these are the Khaps which will not hesitate to build a temple of Durga Mata to “ honor “ the Motherhood !

Ultimate Irony  :

Response of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav ( a Master’s Degree holder in Environment Engineering from Australia ) :  “ If this is what Khap decided , then it must be in the interest of the villagers “

With regards

hemen  parekh


Jobs  for  All  =  Peace  on  Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment