Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 18 July 2013

Why Do We need Drama ?

I am all for Preventive Action , when catastrophy strikes and suddenly kills a few people

Eg:

>   Uttarakhand Floods / Landslides

>   Food-poisioning of kids in Chapara ( Bihar )

>   Building Collapses in Mumbai


But many many more people get " killed " everyday  all around us , through ;

>   Malnutrition ( 4383 children every day ! )

>   Breathing polluted gases emanating from Coal-fired Power plants ( 1 Lakh / Year )

>   Car accidents due to bad roads ( 50 , 000 / year )

>   Lack of Health care during pregnancy  (  30,000 /  year )

>   Farmer Suicide due lack of Rain water  (  20,000 /  year )

>   Run over by local trains in Mumbai  (  4,000 /  year  )


But there is hardly a murmur amongst people

Therefore , no preventive action amongst politicians / bureaucrats !

Shall we act only where there is high drama ?


hemen

No comments:

Post a Comment