Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 15 January 2011

A BLACK SWAN?

Author Nassim Taleb, in his book, “ Black Swan “, describes a black swan as an extremely rare event but still possible.

Search engines

·      giving the same rank ( position in search results )

·      to the same website

·      for the same search-term ( and a long / generic too )

is an example of such a rare event.

But it did happen this afternoon ( Jan 13, 2011 ) when Google and Yahoo and Bing, all placed


at position  # 3, upon entering search-term


Can someone calculate the probability and record feedback at
  

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment