Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 23 December 2010

CREATING JOBS ALL OVER THE WORLD?

23 Dec 2010

CREATING JOBS ALL OVER THE WORLD?

In Nov.2010, President Obama visited India with the declared purpose of signing trade deals worth $ 10 billion.

That enabled him to claim creation of 50,000 jobs for the jobless Americans – and to reclaim some of his lost popularity.

With joblessness threatening governments around the world, other politicians lost no time in picking up the hint.

Virtually lining up to sign their own trade deals were

  • Cameron of UK

  • Sarkozy of France

  • Jiabao of China

  • Medvedev of Russia

In quick succession, they came and signed trade deals ( aka “ selling goods to India “ ) worth $ 100 billions.

In a short period of 6 weeks, India helped create 500,000 jobs around the world!

In the meantime, 42 million young Indians registered with the State Employment Exchanges of India are waiting for the world to “ buy “ a few things from India so that some of them can get job-offers.

They don’t care whether India gets a permanent membership of UN Security Council or not!

Hemen  Parekh

No comments:

Post a Comment