Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 20 July 2012

CROREPATIES (BILLIONAIRES) GALORE !

DNA (13 July 2012) provides following interesting figures:

  • Only 1 % of India’s people are Crorepaties

  • But , 48 % of our elected MPs are !

  • State wise distribution of Crorepaties :

·     92 % of those elected from Goa

·     86 % of those elected from Punjab

·     72 % of those elected from Haryana
  
  • Individual Ranking of Crorepaties :

·     Mahendra Prasad ( JD-U )………………Rs. 692.41  Crores

·     Vijaya Mallya……………………………………Rs. 615.42  Crores

·     Jaya Bachhan…………………………………Rs.  483.86  Crores

  • Party wise distribution of Crorepaties :

·     Bahujan Samaj Party………………………………….. 69 %

·     Nationalist Congress Party………………………….. 68 %

·     Samajwadi Party…………………………………………… 63 %

Our Election Commission has laid down several criteria which “ Disqualify “ a candidate from contesting an election
But our political parties seem to have laid down a single “ Qualifying “ criteria ,for distributing candidature tickets to hopefuls , viz :

“ Thou shall be a Crorepati to begin with ,
It is entirely up to you what you end-up with “
  
Hemen  Parekh 

No comments:

Post a Comment