Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 20 June 2011

MAN BITES DOG !

No doubt, you have heard that cardinal principle of media, viz:

“ If a dog bites a man, that is not news : but if a man bites a dog, that is news “.

Obviously, for the journalists, what is commonplace has no place in reporting !

Hence, when 300 million Indians go to sleep without food everyday, that is “ no news “.

When 3 million poor Indians die of starvation every year, that is “ no news “

But, one celebrity going on a “ hunger strike “ at Jantar-Mantar in Delhi, between 10 am and 6 pm is “ Big News “ – to be continuously captured in cameras throughout the day !

Only once-in-a-while, a journalist like Ravish rises above the hypocrisy to give us “ Ravish ki Report “.

With regards


HEMEN  PAREKH  

No comments:

Post a Comment