Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 15 January 2011

RETIRE EARLY? NO WAY!

15 Jan 2011

RETIRE EARLY? NO WAY!

That is what Indians seem to be saying.

French insurer Axa Life Insurance asked workers in many countries, what should be the ideal retirement age. Here are some answers:

·         India  ……………61 years (from current 58 years)

·         Hong Kong/Indonesia … 55  years

·         China  ………………………  54  years

Apparently, residents of Hong Kong seem to be most assured about their post-retirement income, with 55 % of them availing of early retirement and a mere 17 % working till normal retirement age!

Compare this with 70 % of the Indians, who continue to work till their normal retirement age.

And that applies to only 10 % of the 460 million Indians who work in the “organized sector“.

Balance 90 % of Indian workers don’t even know the concept of “retirement “! Happily or unhappily, they start working as a 5 year old child and continue till grave!

Hemen  Parekh 

No comments:

Post a Comment