Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 1 September 2010

WATCH YOUR CLOTHES !

1 Sep 2010

WATCH YOUR CLOTHES !

As reported in Daily Mail ( Aug.2010 ), here are findings of a survey of 2,000 employers, commissioned by TK Maxx ( a clothing store ) :

·           65 % claim, clothing could be the deciding factor if two candidates are neck and neck in other areas

·           For women, being dressed in a tight top or showing cleavage can nix chances at the job interview

·           Wearing a black bra underneath a white top is the next biggest dress-code mistake

·           When men turn up in a badly ironed shirt or a high-waist trousers, they are bound to ruin their chances of getting a job

Kieran How of Eden Brown ( a recruitment firm ) says :

“ Job interviews are not the place to try fancy dress or to show off your most revealing party clothes “.

Unemployed should never forget that recruiters have a positive bias for candidates who dress like them !

With regards

HEMEN   PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment