Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 24 October 2013

GOP



In America , GOP stands for “ Grand Old Party “ , ie the Republican Party


In India , Congress could be termed GOP , having ruled the country for over 55 years since independence


Sheila Dikshit is the Chief Minister of GOP - ruled Delhi for last 15 years


In 1998 , she defeated BJP’s Sushma Swaraj and came to power


All because Sushma could not contain the onion prices then and people of Delhi got angry


This time , it looks like Sheila’s turn !


But Arvind Kejriwal of Aam Aadmi Party ( AAP ) is spoiling the fun !


By challenging Sheila to a public debate in Ram Lila ground


He wants to discuss GOP , viz:


Ø  G   (  for  Garlic  )


Ø  O   (  for  Onions  )


Ø  P    (  for  Potatoes )



GOL ( Grand Old Lady ) says ,


 “ This is patently unfair . Can’t you see that I am begging the hoarders to release the stocks ? ”


May be she should beg the people of Delhi to turn Jains – at least till 4th December


But then , if Jains keep away from “ Garlic – Onion – Potatoes “ , they might even keep away from the Grand Old Party !


Whichever way you look , it seems , on 4th Dec , it is


“ Advantage AAP “


People of Delhi are angrier than ever  !



May be this is why Sharad Pawar decided not to contest 2014 Lok Sabha elections !


About time too  !


·          hemen  parekh  (  25  Oct  2013  )

No comments:

Post a Comment