Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 2 November 2013

Nightingale is singing



India's nightingale , Lata Mangeshkar is singing , "  NaMo  ,  NaMo  "


Congressmen are livid with rage


Shuklaji is advising Lataji to keep away from politics and keep out of controversy


And like his predecessor minister of I & B , B V Keskar , who had banned playing of harmonium and Kishor Kumar songs on All India Radio ,current I & B minister , Manish Tewariji is considering a ban on playing of Lata-Songs on all TV channels ! And, of course, on YouTube !


Just as Sardar Patel had banned RSS  ?


To pip Arnab Goswami at his " Noise Hour " debate every night ,  Rajat Sharma served a summons on Lataji to appear on " Aap ki Adalat " , and asked :



"  Lata Didi ,


   You are alleged to have corrupted classical Indian music


   Bhairavi raga is supposed to be sung in early morning , in order to gently
   wake-up the people


   Other day , in Pune , you sang Bhairavi in the evening and woke up people
   from deep slumber of last 9 years


   And you even re-named the raga as " Raga NaMo "  !


   What do you have to say in your defence ?  "




Instead of replying , Lataji starts singing :



"   ए मेरे वतन के लोगो , अब पकडलो EVM ज़रा जोरसे 

    जो फूल देखो कमल का , वो बटन दबावों जरा प्यारसे  "



Instead of clapping , the audience starts singing loudly , in raga NaMo :



"  आयेगा , आयेगा , आयेगा आनेवाला 

    आयेगा , आयेगा , आयेगा। ………  "



The singing reverberates thru the length and breadth of India that is Bharat and fills up every heart  !


Nighingale has sung for 725 million voters




*   hemen  parekh   ( 03  Nov  2013  / Diwali  )


  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment