Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Can they be trusted ?



It would be worth reading the Poll Manifestos of different political parties to find out what each promises in the matter of Women's Representation Bill , which is pending before the Lok Sabha for over 40 years


May be, all of them promise that , if voted to power , they will expedite the passage of this bill , which guarantees to women of India , 30 % representation in the Lok Sabha


I urge the Women Voters ,


When any candidate of any party turns up at your door , asking for your vote , first ask him / her :


   "  Will your party publicly declare that it will fight for 30 % seats to be reserved for Women  ?  "


If he says ,  " Yes , of course " , then ask


>  for a copy of its manifesto


>  an explanation for the following :


Party      / No of Candidates Announced   /  Women Candidates  /  % 


>    Congress   /   417   /   53   /  12.7  %

>    BJP           /   409   /   35   /   8.5  %

>    AAP          /    385  /   57    /   15   %


Next  tell him / her  :


"  Get lost  /  We don't trust  you  /  We won't vote for  you  !  "


*   hemen   parekh  (  03  April  2014  /  Mumbai  )

No comments:

Post a Comment