Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 1 April 2014

Sun Never Sets



A few decades back , it was said ,



" The sun never sets on the British Empire "


No matter where on Earth the sun shined , there was a piece of land that was part of the British Empire


In modern day India , soon it will be a case of ,


" Sun never sets on the Election Commission's Empire "


Not difficult to see why


>  Out of 545 MPs , some 163 ( 30 % ) are facing criminal cases


I go on to assume that ,


>  Out of a total of 4131 MLAs , a similar 30 % are facing criminal cases


That is , some 1,239 MLAs


A grand total of 163 + 1239 = 1,402 legislators


Now , let us further assume that , only 30 % of this 30 % , are facing " Serious " criminal charges , where , if convicted , they will get a prison term of 5 years or more


That is 1402 * 30 % = 420  ( believe me , a sheer coincidence ! )


Once convicted , they will be disqualified as MP / MLA , creating that many vacancies  ( just wait for NaMo / Lok Pal to assume office and for the " Caged Parrot " to become a " Soaring Eagle " )


All of this ( simplistic ) arithmetic translates into following election scenario :


QUALIFYING  ELECTIONS  ( ONCE IN  5  YEARS )


>   545 MPs

>   4131 MLAs



REPLACEMENT  ELECTIONS  ( THROUGHOUT  5  YEARS )


>  48  MPs  ( Serious Crimes - 30% of 163 )

>  372 MLAs ( Serious Crimes - 30 % of 1239 )



Rejoice , my Countrymen ( and Women ) ,


You will get to exercise your birth-right ( to Vote ) , everyday  !


Voting is the opium of the masses  !



*  hemen  parekh  (  02  April  2014 / Mumbai  )


No comments:

Post a Comment