Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 5 April 2014

Who is Aam Aadmi ?



As of now , Planning Commission has not come out with any official definition of Aam Aadmi


And given the controversy surrounding its earlier definition of a Poor Aadmi ( Below the poverty line ? ) , don't expect the Commission to come out with one , anytime soon


But some of our media ( Newspapers / TV Channels ) have just concluded that , 5 out of 6 candidates fielded in Mumbai by Aam Aadmi Party , are no Aam Aadmi  !


Why  ?


These 5 have declared assets of more than Rs ONE crore each  !


Media seems to be asking :


"  How can a Crore-pati , be called an Aam Aadmi  ?  "


Going by that definition , how many of the 8,000 + candidates contesting the Lok Sabha elections are Aam Aadmi  ?


Latest info on the web site of Association For Democratic Reforms ( ADR ) , gives following figures :


Of the 1,594 candidate-affidavits analyzed , 456 ( 29 % ) were found to be Crore-patis


If this ratio holds ( I expect it to go up  !  ) , then expect some 2,500 candidates out of some 8,000 likely to be contesting , to be Crore-patis  !


And believe me , this ratio will further go up when ADR counts the number of Crore-patis amongst the 543 elected MPs  !


Expect it to be around 50 % , ie  270+  Crore-pati MPs


None of them , Aam  Aadmi  !


Now , fast - forward to 2019  !


By then , the remaining 273 Aam Aadmi MPs would have ceased to be so  !


Possibly , leaving out a lady candidate of AAP to be the only Aam Aadmi in Lok Sabha , by the time 2019 arrives  !


Amen  !


*  hemen  parekh  (  06  April  2014  /  Mumbai  )



No comments:

Post a Comment