From time to time , children do ask , what appear to adults , “ stupid questions “
Because they are not afraid of “ being ridiculed “ for giving voice to their “ un-encumbered imagination “
But adults suffer from a “ Shame Syndrome “ !
I do too !
But , for a change , I want to ask :
There are close to 4 lakh houses ( assume : flats of 500 sq ft each , @ Rs 10,000 per sq ft ? ) , lying unsold in Mumbai Metropolitan Region ( MMR ) and Greater Mumbai
Each flat with a sale price of Rs 5 cr ? A total unsold inventory of Rs 20 lakh*crore ?
Each flat capable of accommodating 10 work – stations ( a table + internet connected computer @ 50 sq ft per work station )
So , 4 lakh flats could accommodate , 40 lakh persons , in each shift of 7 hours
And 120 lakh persons in 3 shifts !
If engaged in “ Export of Intellectual Property “ ( BPO / KPO / LPO / Any PO that the rest of the World needs to be carried out remotely by our low cost graduates ) , then it would become possible to :
· Put those unsold 4 lakh flats to a productive use
· Increase “ Asset Utilization “ of property worth Rs 20 lakh*crore lying idle
· Provide gainful employment to 120 lakh youth
· Export “ services “ valued at $ 528 Billion / year
( Read : Brain Inc 2.0 )
Of course , you don’t ask a child :
“ Is this possible ? “
But at 84 + , I am expected to provide some hints ( if not pucca solutions )
These are :
· Encourage owners of these 4 lakh flats to turn their flats into “ Knowledge Factories “ ( exempted from “ Factory Act “ / “ Shop & Establishment Act “ / “ Minimum Wages Act “ / “ PF Act “ / various Labour Laws… etc )
· These “ Knowledge Factories “ to be governed by “ Human Enterprise Act “ ( to be drafted / legislated )
· Owners need not pay any taxes such as “ Property Tax / GST / Income Tax etc “
· No questions to be asked as to the source of funds with which the flat was bought
· Owners to “ Register “ as a Start Up as laid down in :
Does this ( suggestion ) sound crazy ?
If yes , then it has a very high probability of SUCCESS !
Here is a tiny sample of persons whose CRAZY ideas got ridiculed at first :
· Invention of non-violent Satyagraha , instead of an armed revolt against British
· Invention of a Motor Car , instead of an improved Horse Carriage
· Invention of a Light Bulb , instead of a bigger / better wax Candle
23 Aug 2017
www.hemenparekh.in / blogs