Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 25 April 2017

A Blue Print for VotesApp ?



Some 4 years back . I had suggested that we , in India , switch-over to voting in Lok Sabha election , using a mobile app , viz:


VotesApp  ( 18 Dec 2012 )




Following research paper ( 03 March 2016 ) , submitted by two researchers in Philippines , not only proves that this is entirely possible but provides a detailed Blue Print ( including User Interfaces for such a mobile app –uncannily similar to what I had described in VotesApp ! )






You can also look up this paper at :  www.ijarcsse.com ( Past Issues / 2016 / Vol 613  )


Reinforcing my suggestion , a  TV episode on BBC  ( bbc.click / 23 April 2017 )



show-cased a similar Mobile based Voting App developed by a UK company / www.Smartmatic.com  / whose chairman , Mark Malloch-Brown says :


“ Governments and International Organizations alone cannot build the future we need . Citizen participation is key to complete the equation “


Smartmatic web site claims :

Seven world records
Including the world’s largest automated elections, the first to feature paper receipts, the first to feature biometrically-activated voting sessions – and the world’s fastest voter registration project using biometrics.






which is working for Online Voting in Ireland

A tiny country Estonia introduced Online Voting , way back in 2005 !

Not only for National Elections but also for local elections .
For details , read ,






• All major principles of paper-voting are followed

• Voting from any computer connected to the Internet

• Alternative to the paper-ballot

• Digital voter register based on population register

• Voter's identification with eID

• Virtual double envelope scheme

• Public-private key cryptography

•  Virtual voting booth



As for the benefits / savings / revenue-generating potential of VotesApp , do look up :

·         ReformingElections and Lok Sabha  ( 20  Dec  2016  )





When I think why a Software Super Power such as India is shying away from this epoch-making reform , I am reminded of what Winston Churchill said in his radio broadcast in Oct 1939 :


“ I cannot forecast to you the action of Russia. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma ; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Russian national interest."



When will our 800 + million voters tell the politicians :


VotesApp is the KEY to our national self interest . In 2019 national elections , we will not vote in any other way “





26  April  2017



No comments:

Post a Comment